Today we are chatting with a personal trainer who experienced a scary wakeup call during a routine physical. Amanda Mancini thought she was a super healthy eater until a blood test revealed something all together different. But she shifted the tide on those results with a simple diet makeover. Now she’s living her best life, and it’s all powered by plants.
- Hear the moves she made to revamp her diet step-by-step, and how she overcame challenges along the way. Plus, get her tips for making a successful transition.
- Learn how she has inspired her husband to gain his own results and how she’s gradually working to get her two teens on board.
- Find out why she believes there’s an over obsession with protein and an unhealthy fear of carbs.
- Get insight on how she set herself free from calorie counting without any weight gain.
- Find out what she’s eating to fuel her running and other intense daily workouts.
You can listen to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, or TuneIn.
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE SHOW:
Follow Amanda Mancini and get her tips for holistic wellness on Instagram and Facebook. Click here to visit her website Pure Fit Women. You can also join her NJ Plant-Based Community on Facebook.
Learn more about Dr. Michael Gregor, visit his website Nutritionfacts.org and get more information about the Daily Dozen app.
Get information about Dr. McDougall and his articles, recipes and other resources here.
Check out some of Amanda’s favorite food documentaries: Forks Over Knives, What the Health, Earthlings and PlantPure Nation.
Connect with the PlantPure Communities Pod Network here.
Food of the show: Learn more about the nutritional benefits of sweet potatoes and click here to get some recipe inspiration.
Click here to read more on the study that found a plant-based diet may prevent cognitive decline.
GET IN TOUCH
We would love to hear from you! Do you, or someone you know, have a testimony of how a plant-based diet has changed your life? Please get in touch with us here. To keep up with us and our updates please follow us on Instagram @plantschangedmylife and on Facebook @plantschangedmylife.
If you’d like to snag your own Plants Changed My Life T-shirt, you can click here to order one. Your purchase helps us continue our mission.
Thank you for your support!
You must be logged in to post a comment.