Welcome to Episode 5 of the Plants Changed My Life Podcast. Today Rafael Ruiz, a Houston father who lost weight and found tremendous compassion, is sharing his plant-based journey. Rafael says he’s killing the dad body stereotype since changing to a vegan diet. He has dropped 30 pounds and gained more muscle. But even bigger, Rafael now emanates contagious joy and passion — and he has a whole new worldview.
- Hear how a simple text from his brother set off an entire lifestyle change.
- Find out how his diet switch has fueled greater fitness endurance.
- See how he’s finding success leading his children to veganism by example.
- Learn how volunteer work has deepened his connection to animals
- Get his tips for getting started with a plant-based lifestyle.
- Also, in each episode we shine a spotlight on a vegan ingredient to help you learn more about it. We love talking about food and in this episode we are all about chia and flax seeds.
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE SHOW:
You can keep up with Rafael’s vegan food adventures and animal sanctuary experiences on Instagram.
Click here to learn more about the Rowdy Girl Sanctuary.
Check out some of Rafael’s favorite inspirational resources:
You can learn about other plant-based documentaries here.
GET IN TOUCH
We would love to hear from you! Do you, or someone you know, have a testimony of how a plant-based diet has changed your life? Please get in touch with us here. To keep up with us and our updates please follow us on Instagram @plantschangedmylife and on Facebook @plantschangedmylife.
Thank you for your support!