Nina Brewton suffered from high blood pressure and major feminine health issues until she finally listened to the tugging at her heart urging her to change her lifestyle. Within the first six months of transitioning to a plant-based diet she lost over 40 pounds and felt a dramatic healing taking place in her body, her mind and even her spirit.
- See how she directed her frustration with doctors and surgeries into empowering herself with the will to try something she never imagined.
- Hear how she took the first steps and gradually eliminated animal products from her diet.
- Learn how the switch opened up a whole new culinary life for her as she explored food and spices she had never considered and other surprising bonuses.
- Get her tips for successfully making the switch and avoiding pitfalls along the way.
- Also, in our Pantry Makeover Segment we have one thing you can look out for to make sure your pantry and your other household cabinets are keeping you as healthy as possible.
To listen, click the play button above or visit: Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Amazon Music, or TuneIn.
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE SHOW
Learn more about Nina by visiting her website webethelight.com and keep up with her latest shows and adventures on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Visit Angela Liddon’s Oh She Glows website and books for recipes and meal ideas.
More on Fibroids:
There’s a lot of conflicting information online about fibroids. We encourage you to do your own research to find what will work for you. Check out these links to get started:
Estrogen in meat, dairy and eggs, Best diet for fibroids and best foods for fibroids according to Dr. Michael Gregor’s NutritionFacts.org.
Treating Fibroids without Surgery
General information from PCRM Nutrition Guide For Clinicians: Uterine Fibroids
Pantry Makeover Segment:
This Chemical Can Impair Fertility, but It’s Hard to Avoid
Study: Elevated Levels of Toxic Chemicals Found in Menstrual Pads and Disposable Diapers
Phthalates the everywhere chemical
A Novel Approach to Racial Inequities in Uterine Fibroids
GET IN TOUCH
We would love to hear from you! Do you, or someone you know, have a testimony of how a plant-based diet has changed your life? Please get in touch with us here. To keep up with us and our updates please follow us on Instagram @plantschangedmylife and on Facebook @plantschangedmylife.
If you’d like to snag your own Plants Changed My Life T-shirt, you can click here to order one. Your purchase helps us continue our mission.
Thank you for your support!
You must be logged in to post a comment.