Today we are talking to Timothy Hammond, a man who is passionate about growing and helping others do the same. He created Big City Gardener, a platform dedicated to making the world a greener place by empowering people with knowledge and tools for growing their own food. It’s a mission that all began with a desire to show his son that it is possible to follow your heart, and create your own authentic path.
- Learn why gardening is accessible to everyone and you don’t have to have fancy tools to do it.
- Get his tips for getting started and successfully gardening, even when your yard space is little or nonexistent.
- Find out how and why you should shop small and support other local farmers and growers.
- Hear about the myriad of positive effects you can experience from growing your own food.
- Find out what the most important part of your garden is, and why it is often overlooked.
- Learn how you can help yourself and the planet by composting.
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE SHOW:
Get more info on the Crop swap app.
Learn more about JADAM organic farming and books.
Get gardening solutions from Texas A&M University or your local agricultural school.
Preview Symphony of The Soil, a documentary that explores the miraculous substance.
GET IN TOUCH:
We would love to hear from you! Do you have a question for us? Do you, or someone you know, have a testimony of how a plant-based diet has changed your life? Please get in touch with us here. To keep up with us and our updates please follow us on Instagram @plantschangedmylife and on Facebook @plantschangedmylife.
Thank you for your support!