Today we are talking to a man who gained the energy and confidence to run after his dreams and tackle his goals after losing over 100 pounds. Ryan Van Vugt says the momentum began after he switched to a plant-based vegan diet. Now he’s a plant-powered ultra runner, yoga teacher and author who is passionate about living an authentic life and pursuing outdoor adventures.
- Hear how he went from having asthma as a child to making the decision to begin running as an adult.
- Find out how he lost over 100 pounds in nine months.
- See what he eats to fuel his workouts and long distance runs.
- Get his tips for successfully making the switch to a whole food plant-based lifestyle.
- Also, in our Pantry Makeover Segment we have simple swaps for turning your favorite traditional desserts vegan.
RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THE SHOW:
Learn more about Ryan and keep up with his adventures on Instagram. Learn more about his book Grateful here.
If you’re in the area check out Ryan’s favorite restaurant: Tasty Harmony.
Here are some of Ryan’s favorite inspirational resources & people:
Engine 2 Diet book by Rip Esselstyn
Forks Over Knives Documentary
Ultra Athlete Author Rich Roll
Entrepreneur & Author Jesse Itzler
Entrepreneur, Author & Speaker Gary Vaynerchuk
GET IN TOUCH
We would love to hear from you! Do you, or someone you know, have a testimony of how a plant-based diet has changed your life? Please get in touch with us here. To keep up with us and our updates please follow us on Instagram @plantschangedmylife and on Facebook @plantschangedmylife.
If you’d like to snag your own Plants Changed My Life T-shirt, you can click here to order one. Your purchase helps us continue our mission.
Thank you for your support!